A lot of gimp’s main functions are in the background, and as a result gimp isn’t that good as it seems. It’s more than a simple graphic editor or a image viewer. For example, the built-in text editor that can be used to edit the text of a gimp image.
As you can see in the following screenshot, even the text editor is much inferior to in-built software, like a lot of windows file managers.
When it comes to editing text, gimp has a lot of shortcuts that work well to select text automatically. For instance, pressing Shift+Space will jump to the next/previous/first word.
But when it comes to the editing of text files it’s much more difficult. It doesn’t seem that gimp allows you to edit plain text files, just any plain text file.
And the editor itself is very awkward to use.
There are lots of shortcuts, but as most tutorials that try to show how to use gimp would show it’s quite difficult to reach the intended result.
So, how can you get it to work right? The best way would be to know how gimp actually works.
How to Use Gimp
1. Go to Help > Settings
Go to Help > Settings
2. On the “General” tab, under “How to use this” select “Tools” category and press “Change” button that opens the Help window.
3. Go to the “Advanced” section and click on the “Gimp” tab to open the Help window.
4. Go to the “Text” section and double-click on the word “Edit Text” and press “Select All”.
5. In the following window the program will open without any warnings.
6. At the bottom of the Help window type in the first word of the edit text and press the “Edit” button. The text of the Edit text will appear in a separate window.
7. Press the “Save” button to save the edited text. And then click the “Open” button to save the edited text.
It’s that simple. The best part of using a software is its user interface. As it helps you to focus on the task at hand, and not waste time on other things.
Don’t miss our other guides:
It was a rainy night in Manchester. It would
photo editing practice, start photo editing, free editing course online, photoshop cc 2014 tutorial pdf, photoshop book download free